Friday June 13, 2014
Summer temperatures are starting to hit North Dallas and as kids get out of school, you may feel the constant worry of keeping them busy and entertained. You may have scheduled some summer camps to keep their bodies moving or keep their brains working, but often there are those who have missed deadlines and are stuck leaving the kids at home or with relatives. Don’t worry though, the first step to straying away from video games and movies all day is to get organized with activities the kids can do inside and outside the home. Consider some of these fun activities:
- Pool days: Living in a CB JENI Homes community makes it easy for parents to keep the kids refreshed with most communities featuring an amenity center with resort-style pools. If your community’s pool is not ready, however, check out the pools in local natatoriums in Plano or Allenwith lap pools, kiddie pools, slides and other activities.
- Summer theater: Plano Children’s Theater and McKinney Youth Theatre have a great family shows coming up including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Cinderella, Footloose, and more. Also, check out the Coppell Community Theater who is showing the musical Annie for the summer.
- Wet parks:Allen’s celebration park is an amazing free activity where kids can enjoy an enormous playground and spray ground. You can also check out the Village at Fairview who has sand volleyball courts, a playground and a musical spray ground. But of course who doesn’t love Hawaiian Falls in The Colony and Garland?
- Movie specials: benefit from Cinemark’s summer movie clubhouse where you can enjoy a day at the movies for just $1 per person.
- Indoor jump zones: who says you have to go to a birthday to jump in a bounce house? At Jump Zone, Sky Zone, and Kid Mania you can keep the kids jumping until they drop.
Find out where the new CB JENI Lifestyle Homes communities are located here and schedule a tour by calling 972-905-5001.